The phrase skincare brings to mind three things: skin cancer, dry skin, and a long aisle of beauty products at your local drugstore. But it’s more than a surface-level concern. While a skincare routine may sound like high maintenance, in reality, the steps for healthy skin are not only necessary, they’re easy to implement too
Keeping your skin looking healthy and fresh doesn’t have to be difficult. To keep your skin hydrated, wash your face with water twice per day, then follow with a moisturizer that contains SPF for sun protection. Exfoliating once or twice per week will remove the dead skin cells that accumulate on the surface making it look like dull skin. If you’re looking for more targeted skincare advice, speak to a dermatologist about what products would be best for your skin type.
Know Your Skin Types And What You Are Using
Dry skin is flaky, scaly, or rough. Oily skin is shiny, greasy, and may have big pores. Combination skin is dry in some spots (cheeks) and oily in others (forehead, nose, and chin). Sensitive skin may sting, burn, or itch after you use some makeup or other products. Normal skin is balanced, clear, and not sensitive. No matter the skin type, these tips will show you how to achieve flawless skin!
Follow The Right Routine For Your Skin Type
Once you know your skin type, creating the right skincare routine should be easy. Make sure to cleanse your face in the morning and at night before going to bed. In between those two times, it’s a good idea to moisturize your face to keep the hydration and health of your skin. Be sure to follow a skincare routine for oily skin even if you don’t have a problem with an oily complexion, as this type of skin is more susceptible to harmful UV rays from sunlight.
Know-How To Keep Your Skin Healthy
To maintain the health of your skin, make sure you never use a product that says it’s a toner, but actually contains alcohol. These products can dry out your skin and cause irreparable damage to your pores. Also, help keep your skin looking fresh by avoiding over-the-counter acne treatments as they can often do more harm than good.
Know Your Ingredients And How To Layer Them
When choosing skin care products, look at the ingredients list. Avoid any with dyes, fragrances, parabens, petrolatum (petroleum jelly), and sulfates. These can cause irritation, breakouts, or allergic reactions. Wash off the first product with your face still slightly wet, then apply a gentle cleanser that won’t strip away moisture. Next is an exfoliant (at night) to remove dead cells and clear clogged pores. Finally, finish with a moisturizer that contains sunscreen.
Skin Care Tips To Keep In Mind
Here are some skin care tips on how to keep your skin feeling and looking great!
- Wash your face – It’s important to wash twice a day with a gentle cleanser to clear any bacteria left on your face from the day.
- Moisturize – Use a moisturizer to keep hydrated and looking your best. Try using an anti-aging moisturizer with SPF to keep yourself protected from the sun’s damaging rays.
- Exfoliate – Once or twice per week to remove dead cells that accumulate on the surface of the skin, making it look dull.
- Avoid over-the-counter acne treatments – Be careful when applying over-the-counter acne treatments as they can strip your skin of natural oils and lead to dryness and irritation.
- Speak with a dermatologist – Ask what products would be best for you if you’re looking for more targeted skincare advice.
- Drink plenty of water – Drinking water constantly throughout the day will help wash toxins out while eating foods rich in nutrients will promote healthy skin cells.
- Eat healthy foods – Including lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and protein from lean sources.
- Protect your skin from the sun – Spending time in the sun can lead to wrinkles, age spots, and other signs of aging. Put on sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside to protect your skin.
- Try not to pop pimples – While you shouldn’t pop your pimples, cleaning the area around them will help prevent bacteria from spreading and worsening breakouts.
Why Is A Skin Care Routine Important?
Maintaining a good skin care routine is important for keeping your skin looking young and healthy. A few basic skin care tips include washing your face twice a day, using a moisturizer, exfoliating, and applying sunscreen. It’s also important to avoid over-the-counter acne treatments, as they can often do more harm than good. If you’re looking for more targeted skincare advice, speak to a dermatologist about what products would be best for you.
Drinking plenty of water and eating healthy foods are also important for keeping your skin looking its best. Vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and protein from lean sources are all good choices for a healthy diet. And be sure to protect your skin from the sun by putting on sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside.
To keep your skin looking its best, you need to take care of it from the inside and outside. Like with any other part of our bodies, what we put in is just as important as what we do externally. By following these basic tips for maintaining a youthful glow on the outside, you’ll be well on your way to staying young-looking on the inside!